Effective Emergency Relief System (ERS) design helps companies meet risk-management goals, compliance requirements, and sound business practices. ioMosaic provides a total ERS solution with our comprehensive ERS design services, from reactivity testing for design basis determination to calculations for Z-axis deflection from dynamic loads.
Our team has decades of experience performing PRFS analysis and design.
Our risk-based approach helps mitigate near-unventable scenarios to a tolerable level of risk.
Better evaluate hazards in your facility with an accurate process simulation.
Delivering properly designed pressure relief systems that save both money and time.
Read this white paper to understand how and who determines the maximum allowable working pressure (MAWP), the relationship between MAWP and Design Pressure, and finally how high-pressure vessel is designed.
The loss of High Pressure (HP) / Low Pressure (LP) interface has to be evaluated in order to (a) ensure that the downstream equipment can handle the energy and/or mass accumulation and (b) to also ensure that the upstream equipment can handle the rapid depressurization. The loss of the HP/LP interface can occur as a result of automatic controls failure/malfunction, and/or inadvertent valve opening / human error as seen in Figure 1. Potential outcomes of the loss of the HP/LP interface include but may not necessarily be limited to:
1. Overfilling of the downstream equipment, i.e. as the liquid is displaced from the upstream equipment into the downstream equipment.
2. High temperatures associated with the rapid compression of the vapor space of the downstream equipment associated with liquid displacement.
3. Multiphase flow associated with increasing liquid level, liquid entrainment, and/or high superficial vapor velocities caused by pressure relief device actuation in the downstream equipment.
4. Low temperatures caused by rapid depressurization in the upstream equipment and ultimately in the downstream equipment as pressure is further reduced when the gas breaks through to the downstream equipment.
5. Possible hydrate formation in the upstream and / or downstream equipment.
Process Safety Enterprise Emergency Relief System Design Workflow performs efficient tracking of process safety related data and analysis. The customized workflow allows for a specific operating unit or the entire facility to be studied and evaluated to maintain compliance and ensures your facility remains protected.
The client was storing reactive materials in vessels that could be subject to fire exposure. They wanted to be sure that the relief protection on the vessels was correctly sized, or if not, what changes were necessary for an effective relief system.
Sep 15, 2020
Aug 11, 2020
Jul 17, 2020